FIGHT FOR MIKE

FIGHT FOR MIKE
FIGHT FOR MIKE

Saturday, September 7, 2013

DAY 13 OF TREATMENT 09/07/13

Saturday, September 7th

10:00 AM

Just literally had a tearful goodbye with Taz Mike.   He is a very emotional guy so we were both crying. Again, everyone individually came to say goodbye to him or Taz Mike sought them out.  He gave a hat to Mike that he wrote a personal message to Mike on the inside.  Last night after dinner, I gave him my FIGHT FOR MIKE bracelet to remind him of Mike and also for his fight against his cancer.   He will have a testing in a couple of weeks after he gets home and have the results sent to Dr. Weber.  From here he is heading to Turkey to meet up with his brothers.   Tazie, we wish you the best in your journey.   I know that each goodbye will be just as hard.

While I on the 2nd floor, Dr. Weber came out of the treatment area and held up 9 fingers.  I looked at him and said 9,000?   He said yes and said I will show you the results.  He was talking about Mike's WBC. When I went downstairs to wait with Taz Mike, Dr. Weber came by with Mike's chart and showed me the lab values.   He is not sure why there was such a dramatic change in Mike's WBCs.   He said maybe the 2.5 value from earlier were wrong.  He asked  if Mike still had any of the redness or itching from the other day, which he does not.   Dr. Weber is just amazing how he can come out of his office and see you and just be able to give you your specific result without having the chart in front of him.

Today Christy, Mike, and I are planning on going into Rosenheim to walk around town and do some shopping.  Ivan has a car and has told us before if we needed a ride, he would take us to the train station.

9:30 PM

Ivan had a treatment today at the time we decided to go to Rosenheim.   We walked to the train station and Christy and I managed to purchase our ticket.   I think the Germans behind us were not too happy that we took so long to figure it out.   The train was again packed with young adults in their costumes heading to the beer festival there.   We walked around town and went into some clothing stores.  The prices here in most cases is really reasonable, however we did not make any purchases.  We got the return train back to Brannenburg at 4:35 and got back to the clinic in time for dinner.

Dinner tonight was sliced salmon with horseradish and toast.  I gave my salmon to Mike but he then gave it
to Leah.  Along with the fruit they sat our for dessert, they put out yogurt.   So my dinner was yogurt and toast.  The soup for both meals was creamy leek. Lunch for Mike was duck with potato patties and brussel sprouts.   He could only mange about  5 of those, and then he had enough.   I had a bowl that had 3 small potato patties in it with a little arrangement of a slice pepper,  a sliced tomato, some cauliflower, some asparagus with cheese melted on top.   Dessert was some sort of Italian thing - I forgot to pick up a menu and bring it back with me.   It was some sort of custard that tasted like it had champagne in it and then was heated.  I just had a taste and then gave it to Chris from France.

After dinner Lindy, Christy, Mike, Leah, Zoe, and Chris T. headed up to the 2nd floor landing and had our usual conversation time,   Chris from France backed out stating he was going to bed,  He leaves tomorrow to meat his wife in France.

No comments:

Post a Comment