FIGHT FOR MIKE

FIGHT FOR MIKE
FIGHT FOR MIKE

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 18, 2013

Wednesday, September 18th

Sorry it has taken so long to get to the blog but I have been trying to get everything put back in it's place after our journey home.  I was unable to post anything to the blog on Friday the 13th because the internet was down at the clinic.   The staff thought maybe it had to do with the rain we had that day.  I kept checking all day and into the evening.

We had our final meeting with Dr, Weber on Friday shortly after lunch.   He went over all the labs that were done showing how everything had improved.  He stated at that time that Mike did not have to schedule a return trip back to the clinic for treatment.  He did say, however, that we could come back just to visit. He advised Mike to have an MRI test in 4-6 weeks and a CEA test done with both results being sent to him at that time for review.  He stated that based on the findings, he could then advise Mike what he needed to do to continue with his healing.  He was very pleased with the progress that Mike made while he was there.
As I was realizing that we would be leaving Marinus am Stein soon and thinking about what Dr. Weber had done for Mike, I could feel my eyes welling up.  I could see Dr. Weber watching me and that he was aware of my emotions.   We all got up from our seats, and Dr. Weber came around his desk and hugged me.   I thanked him for having this wonderful clinic for people all over the world who have been diagnosed with this dreadful disease to come.   This would be the last time that we would see Dr. Weber as he was leaving the clinic mid-afternoon to go out of town to give a lecture.

As we left his office, Ivan and Kate were sitting in the hall waiting for their turn to go in and speak to Dr. Weber.   They could tell that I had been crying and thought we had been given bad news.  I had to say that it was good news, but that I was sad to be leaving the clinic and all the friends that we have made.    Kate and Ivan also then ended up crying.   Mrs. Dr. Weber was standing there as well and was witnessing what was going on.  I had to go over and hug her too and thank her as well for establishing the clinic.   Mike then had to finish up with his treatment for the day with hyperthermia while I went and found Christy to give her the news.   We hugged each other and celebrated the good news.       We then headed down to the dinning room for supper.  I had gone down before Mike and everyone was looking and waiting for him to walk in so they could congratulate him.     Leah and Christy were there to give Mike a hug.   We then retired to the landing to continue with the celebration,  Shirley's niece, who is in the military in Italy, came for a visit and since there was an opening in the clinic, the Webers let her stay there.  She was very nice and seemed to have a very fun personality.

My stomach was feeling upset so I excused myself to go up to the room to see if the internet was up so I could do the blog for the day.   Since I could not get on the internet, I decided to go to bed.  Mike came to bed around 10:00.   I was extremely sick the rest of the night and all the next day.   Mike made the nursing staff aware of what I was going through, and Stefka and Mrs. Dr. Weber kept checking on me.  I was running a fever.  Mrs. Dr. Weber gave me a nice reprimand for not calling the night nurse.  She stated that is why they have a night nurse.  They gave me medication twice that day to help with what I was experiencing.  I stayed in bed and slept until the next morning,

Mike and the others went to the train station to go up the mountain.  However, when they got to the station, someone who had gone up earlier told them that it was foggy and the view was not good,  Therefore, everyone decided not to waste their money.  Shirley's niece then took Dennis and Shirley shopping.  Mike, Christy, Leah, and Clare headed back to the clinic.  Along the way, they found the Pub that Chris from France would go to between meals and treatments to have a beer or two.   They had cappuccino and pastries.  I did get a shower and attempted to visit with everyone in the dining room while they ate dinner.  However, the smell of food got to me, and I had to go back up to our room and go to bed.   Mike stayed up and then said his goodbyes to everyone before calling it a night.  My stomach was still upset at this point.

Luckily I had basically packed everything earlier in the day on Friday because I would not have been able to do so being sick.   We arranged for the night nurse to wake us up at 5:00 the next morning to be ready for our 6:15 taxi pick up.  When I woke up, I was feeling so much better.  I was so thankful that I did not have to be flying home while sick.   Leah got up at 5:30 to say goodbye.   She came in and sat with us for a few minutes. Again, there were some tears as we said our final goodbyes.  The taxi arrived on time and drove us to the airport.   Going through the terminal and the process for boarding went smoothly.  It was easier than when we arrived and tried to make our way to pick up our bags and find our driver.   The return trip was a little more bumpy than the first flight.  We left Germany on 09/15 at 9:45 AM and landed in Newark on 09/15 at 12:45. PM.   It was a 9 hour flight.   Gary and Clare were there with open arms to pick us up.  We were so happy to see them.  We stopped for a quick bite to eat on the way and arrived home around 5:15 PM.   We had arranged for a friend to pick up our dogs from our groomer so we did not have that additional drive to pick them up and bring them home.   They were so happy to see us as we were them.

If you know of anyone who has cancer and has been told nothing further can be done or know someone who wants a better solution for treating their cancer, please have them check out German Cancer Breakthrough: Your Guide to Top German Alternative Clinics by Andrew Schloberg.   Without reading this book which reviews alternative cancer treatment facilities in Germany and surrounding areas, we would have never known that gentler, effective cancer treatment was possible   The services are not covered by insurance, but you will find that it is a much better solution than the traditional, cancer treatment prescribed by physicians here in the states and other countries.  I will continue a blog post when we have the results of Mike's blood testing and PET scan which is scheduled for October 16th.

No comments:

Post a Comment