FIGHT FOR MIKE

FIGHT FOR MIKE
FIGHT FOR MIKE

Monday, September 2, 2013

DAY 8 OF TREATMENT

Monday, September 2nd     Labor Day

Happy Labor Day to everyone back in the states.  I am sure you will all be having the last BIG picnic of the season.  Someone eat some potato or macaroni salad for me.

Everyone is back to work here after the weekend so Mike got his usual treatment plus his infusions.   Dr. Weber showed Mike exactly where in his colon his cancer is.  It is right at the top of the ascending colon. Mike wanted to be sure that this spot was being addressed by his treatments.  Mike came back to the room just after his last treatment of the day and said that when he spoke to Dr. Weber, he told him that his CEA level was now down to 11.1.  We are moving in the right direction!

Lunch today was carrot flan with vegetable rice for me and beef filet and vegetable rice for Mike.  The soup was zuppa pavese which is a chicken broth with a small piece of bread drizzled with oil oil which had been baked.  An egg is cracked into the bowl with the bread and then the hot broth is poured over the egg cooking it.    This is what I tried.   It was OK.  I could not eat all of the egg.   The other soup was a creamy black salsify soup.  I looked both of these soups up on line to see what they were.   The black salsify soup is made from something called oyster root and, therefore, has an oyster taste to it.   Our dinnermate, Mike, had this and said it did have a chowder taste to it.  Dessert which I had was fresh fruit salad with Mango-Apricot ice cream.  It was good.  Tonight for dinner we are having pizza breads, the same soups (which I think I will pass on), and fresh fruit.   I got a chewing out from Leah yesterday about drinking Coke so I guess I will not be having any more of that, at least, while I am here.

It has been a cloudy day with cooler temperatures but it is supposed to go up into the high 70s, low 80s the remainder of the week so we are looking forward to that.

We walked into the town to exchange the batteries I bought on Saturday.   The checkout girl spoke English so I asked her if I could return them.  She told me yes and gave me two stamps.  Not sure what that was about.  Will have to check with someone here to see what that means.  Mike bought an avocado to try at Leah's suggestion.   She also has him eating cold sauerkraut which he does not like but he has eaten it the last couple of days.   He said he could probably eat it hot, but she said no - that takes away all the enzymes that he needs.   She also had him try some coconut oil that she got.  She says she uses it for cooking, puts it on her skin, puts it on cuts.   She actually ate it out of the jar and had Mike do the same.   This trip sure has had a lot of "firsts".


No comments:

Post a Comment